The ocean has wonderful healing properties, it has long been used to as a place of relaxation, easing tension and washing the stress away. It has also been known for easing various health problems. This was one of the reasons for the increase in seaside tourism, in the 20th century, when UK doctors made ‘bathing in the sea’ prescriptions to improve health problems.
It is of course great to be able to drive to the sea or jump on a train or plane for some respite but whilst the World is locked down, you might not have access to the waters but you can still receive her healing by using a visualisation practice, to access the beauty and benefits of the ocean.
A guided visualisation is like a guided dream, a simple process in which you make yourself comfortable, close your eyes, relax and follow the voice of your guide as they take you through this fabulous and meditative practice. By allowing yourself to fully immerse in the experience, you can enjoy the benefits and discoveries of your journey so that when the practice is finished, you can harness the energy, the clarity, the messages and the answers you asked for and bring them into your daily reality.
The sea can do wonders to improve your health:
- The salt water can improve the moisture retention of your skin, reduce inflammation and clear the pores of toxins.
- Bathing in sea saltwater can improve your circulation by restoring essential minerals that we can lose due to our modern ways of living… More stress, pollution and poor diets.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of the sea can ease problems in your joints like rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
- The gentle motion of the ocean encourages a deeper, calmer and steadier breath. It can also help with the sinuses.
- It can boost the immune system as toxins are released from the skin, reduce stress and increase relaxation as the parasympathetic nervous system is activated in cooler waters.
- Reduce depression and anxiety and have better nights of sleep.
So whether you are in the presence of the ocean or not, allow her to wash your worries away, to clear your mind, your aura and your body.
Here are two simple self- practices:
- See yourself floating in the ocean, supported and comforted by the sea. Feel the heaviness fall away as you are gently cleansed and weightless on the surface of the water.
- Lie on the beach and as the waves wash up and over your body as you breathe in, allow the water to gently pull your tension away as you breathe it back into the ocean.
If you would like to be guided through a visualisation to assist you in releasing tension and healing with the sea, check out the video below:
Wishing you a relaxing day, Namaste x